Thursday, January 24, 2013

52:2013 Week 4

Week 4 with a theme of Quotes. A fun week with lots of ideas. When I decided to visit the Wellington Zoo with two of my grandkids I wasn't really intending to use a shot from the visit as I had another idea in mind. Whilst watching the chimps for a while noticed this mother and child sitting in the sun - wasn't long before they went into the shade. Nothing special with the processing of the shot this week, all done in Lightroom, the bright sun not great for shooting but I was using a polarising filter. Opened up the shadows and dodged the mother's face as it was appearing black with no detail in the unprocessed raw file. It was cute but I couldn't help thinking the baby "had a face only a mother could love".

My second favourite shot was this one, a Sumatran tiger. The Wellington Zoo has a long standing program to preserve this endangered species.
The quote for this one would have been "Oh, the tiger will love you. There is not sincerer love than the love of food - George Bernard Shaw.

Earlier in the week spent some time with more of the grandkids at Te Papa. Included in the displays is this Britten Motorcycle, designed by the late John Britten only 10 plus a prototype were built of the V1000 and V1100 but numerous races and world records were set - you can find out more here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Britten Here is the shot, taken with my Blackberry:
The quote for this would have been "I feel the need, the need for speed".

Looking forward to seeing what next week's theme is going to be - can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment