Tuesday, February 5, 2013

52:2013 Week 6

Week 6 already and the theme was Father/Son or Mother/Daughter ( or Father/Daughter or Mother/Son). My grandson Kayden has appeared in a number of my 52 weeks shots last year and I immediately thought of using him and his Dad for this weeks shot. My first thought was a motor cycle shot - Allan is a keen dirt biker and Kayden has his own little quad bike.

As is often the way by the time we got to the shot I was thinking of perhaps doing something a little different so I started with some shots of them lying on the ground together with head together and feet in opposite directions - Kayden soon got bored with that and I wasn't happy with the results in any case, so it was into the motor cycle gear for the rest of the shoot.

The light was not that great and the shots of them standing next to their bikes just didn't show the bond I was looking for, We then took some shots of them face to face and they were cool. I then took a couple of shots with them sitting on the dirt bike, including this one. For me this one was my immediate favourite.

Shot in raw the processing in Lightroom consisted of changing the contrast in the point curve to Medium and hitting the Black and White button followed by a -12 post crop vignette - less than 30 seconds, quite a contrast from last week! Again I am very happy with the result and look forward to next weeks theme!

A larger version of the shot can be seen on Flickr here:

No comments:

Post a Comment