Saturday, March 30, 2013

52:2013 Week 13

Week 13 and this weeks theme was Shadows. My original idea was a shot of a sun dial. Been another very busy week at work so yesterday was my first chance to get the shot - and it was cloudy for the first time in a long while. Today started out cloudy but cleared in the afternoon. Set out in the car to the botanical gardens in Wellington almost 30 minutes away only to find some pine trees had grown completely shading the sun dial from about half an hour before.

So, it was time to come up with plan B and as I was drying the dishes a wooden spoon inspired me that it's shadow would look like a knife. Took a few shots of me taking photos of the shadows  and then set the 2 second timer to take shots of me with the wooden spoon. Use manual exposure and focussing to keep the shots a close to the same as possible.

Post processing involved darkening the shots in Lightroom, converting to black and white and increasing the contrast. Got the first one how I wanted it and then just copied and pasted the processing to the others.

Then I loaded the images into Photoshop as layers and set the blend mode to darken. I selected the two images that make up this shot and the shot was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment