Saturday, April 13, 2013

52:2013 Week 15

 There was no blog last week as there was really nothing to say but this week the theme was "Like a painting". I've been thinking about photographing this bay near our house for a while now and I decided it was time to make it the subject of this weeks photo. Here is the original shot:
The conversion was all done in Photoshop. First step was to take the background layer and duplicate it and convert that layer into a smart object. Then that smart object layer was duplicated again. In the first layer I used the Filter Gallery Cutout filter and in the second layer the Median filter. with the overall image looking how I wanted it the final step was to merge the layers into a new layer and apply the oil painting filter to it.
If you came directly to this page you can see a larger version on my Flicker site here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/paulwallace/8645713395/in/photostream

No comments:

Post a Comment