Saturday, June 8, 2013

52:2013 Week 23

OK so its been a while since I posted an entry to my blog, probably reflects my struggles with my photography in recent months - work has been all consuming and the lack of time to spend on my photos has lead to a drop in enthusiasm, if it wasn't for the 52 weeks group I doubt my camera would have been out of it's bag.

Anyway, to this week's shot. The theme this week was Composites.  Decided to go with Focus Stacking which I have only tried once or twice in the past.  A couple of years ago when doing my 365 project I tried for hours to get the DOF right on a shot of this chess set, since then I discovered Focus Stacking.

For this week's shot I took eight images, each taken with focus progressed through the shot. The resulting shots were the merged and blended in Photoshop to bring all of the important part of the image into focus. If you want to find out more about this technique there is a good tutorial here.

After merging in Photoshop I converted the image to black and white and here is the result...

If you came directly to this blog you can catch my Flicker Photostream here.

No comments:

Post a Comment